Changing your address can be time consuming if you approach it without a plan. When you have a checklist and change your address for each item one after the next, you’ll finish much faster and you’ll know that you didn’t miss anything.
This list should be helpful if you need to update an address because of a move.
USPS Address Change Online
Visit USPS.com to change your address online. You’ll pay about $1.00 to change your address, but it will happen right away. Your other option is to visit the post office and complete an address change form.
Change of Address Checklist
First and Foremost
- Post Office
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Credit Card Companies
- Loan Providers (Student, home, auto, etc)
- Retirement (IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension, Social Security office)
- Insurance (home, auto, life, medical, dental, etc)
- Hotel Rewards Program
- Airline Rewards Program
- Phone (cell and home)
- Water and sewer
- Cable or Satellite
- DMV (new license or temporary address change card)
- Voter’s Card
- Passport Office
- Networking Groups (Chamber of commerce, BNI, alumni groups)
What else would you add? See you in the comments!